We understand how frustrating it can be to be on the ChexSystems
list. Unfortunately, about 90% of all banks use the ChexSystems list to screen
new accounts, so it can be difficult to find a new bank when you are on the list!
On the pages that follow are a number of banks that reportedly do not use
ChexSystems. Banks change their procedures all the time, so the list may
change from day to day.
Here are a few tips to help you find a bank that doesn’t use ChexSystems:
(1) Call the bank. Use the list below to start your search. Go to the
Website, and get the phone number of the branch nearest you, and
ask whether the bank has a “Second Chance” bank account program,
a “Lifeline” program, or doesn’t use ChexSystems.
(2) Open a savings account or an online account using PayPal. This will
allow you to make purchase on the Internet, and you may also be able
to get a PayPal debit card to use around town.
(3) Open a debit card account or an internet bank account – why do you
need paper checks anymore? The national banks listed below will give
you online banking and all of the features you need!
(4) If you live near the Canadian or Mexican borders, open a bank account
in Canada or Mexico.
(5) Use the bank account application provided at the end of this
document and get one of the best Internet bank accounts
available (it’s from Republic Bank, a bank worth over $3 Billion,
so you know they are going to be around a long time!). In early
2008, they are going to start issuing checkbooks to all of their
Internet banking customers – so open an account today, and get
your checkbook shortly!
(6) The best situation is to get your name completely off the ChexSystems
list, so you don’t have to worry about finding a bank account that
doesn’t take ChexSystems!